LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW exe icon in Window taskbar

Solved!
Go to solution

I am developing a VI which permits to capture data from a camera in real-time. The data received is sent to a Python GUI (through TCP/IP local) which show to the user what the camera see.

I configured the LabVIEW program

• to be "invisible" : transparency at 100%, HideWindowRoot = True in .ini file
  • to change the icon on the Window taskbar in the "Icon" section of the exe constructor

The LabVIEW program is divided on several steps on a sequence:

1. Initialising variables
  2. Asking user to select a camera
  3. Acquiring and sending data

So, when I execute the program, a window appears in step 2 in which I can select a camera. Then, this figure disappears and LabVIEW is working in background. An icon appears on the taskbar only on step 2 for information.

For information, the icon of the executable program is okay:

Sans titre.png

But, the icon of the second window which appears is the LabVIEW one:

Sans titre2.png

Does someone can help me to understand why ? I think it is related to this second window but I can't guarantee this. Maybe somebody can have any other idea ?

Mathieu Gauquelin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mathieu33800

Here is a VI I made to run LabVIEW programs hidden, it contains some notes I gleaned from this forum.

hidden.png

Maybe it's because you are setting " transparency at 100%" instead of using the FP.Open State property.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 3
(3,808 Views)

I reboot my computer this week end and this morning it is working without reason because I didn't change anything. Weird. I keep the topic open because your solution is very interesting. In my VI I set to False the FP.minimizable parameter of the VI.

image.png

Mathieu Gauquelin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,769 Views)