LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW does not accept interface inputs

When running my LabVIEW application, the interface refuse inputs and every time get back to default. I can not enter strings nor numbers in the command fields of the interface.
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne
Ingénieur Instrumentation
CRIL TECHNOLOGY - Groupe ALYOTECH

"Celui qui pose une question peut paraitre idiot sur le moment, celui qui n'en pose pas le reste toute sa vie!"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,725 Views)
CBRaoul;

Check the following by right-clicking the field (at development time):

- Verify it is a control and not an indicator
- Verify the control is not disabled
- Verify decorations are not in front of the control

Regards;
Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,725 Views)
We need more info about your program. But just one guess might be if you are using an event structure with a timeout you may have the lock front panel on.If this is not the case post a little and I will see if I can help.

Joe

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,725 Views)
First, are you sure that they're controls and not indicators? If they are controls, have they been disabled from the front pnael or through a property node? Can you actually enter values but is the problem that the program doesn't respond to new values?

With this sort of question, it would be a lot easier to diagnose the problem if you attached the program so someone could take a look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,725 Views)
Thanks, but I already checked out these possibilities. The point I do not understand is that the problem is not systematically happening. Sometime it works, sometimes not or after two or more attempts.

Sincerely 🙂

CBRaoul
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne

"Celui qui pose une question peut paraitre idiot sur le moment, celui qui n'en pose pas le reste toute sa vie!"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,725 Views)
The problem is the commands get back to their default value immediately. And I am sur these are commands and their are not disabled.

The problem is I can not attach the file as I have to keep secret about the program as mi chief want it.

But thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

CBRaoul
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,725 Views)
Apparently y did not lock anything on the front panel.

I cut some parts of the program so I can Send it. The problem is with the fields of 'echantillon 1' to 'echantillon 5' clusters.

Faithfully,

CBRaoul
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,725 Views)
Hi Raoul

In the code you post, the VI "Tick_Rect_Circ.vi" is missing, but from a quick glance I will bet this is the culprit. You use this VI to modify your echantillons cluster as soon as you enter it through a global. This is probably where the porblem lies (but I cant be sure unless you attached this VI as well). Is this VI "Tick_Rect_Circ.vi" reentrant (your are calling it in parallel 5 times so it look like it need to be)?

PJM

vipm.io | jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,725 Views)
We need the VI called "Tick_Rect_Circ.vi", which seems to constantly read the cluster, modify it, then write it back to the control. This happens at each loop iteration so we need to know what is written back.

Since this is a user-interface VI, you should also try using an event structure or at least put a wait inside the loop. Currently, it runs as fast as it can constantly rewriting to the clusters. In principle, the loop only need to execute whenever an input has changed and not thousands of times/second doing nothing useful. This fast loop rate will also cause a race condition, for example if you mofiy the cluster right when the Tick_Rect_Circ.vi executes, the input will be immediately overwritten with the stale data coming from this subVI. This is pro
bably what you are seeing.

What is the purpose of sequence field #1? If this is an initial initialization, it belongs outside the loop. If it must recalculate some cluster elements based on the input in other elements, it does not deserve it's own sequence frame. Replace the "read" local variables with their real terminals, wire them to "Tick_Rect_Circ.vi" and write to the locals. Now get rid of the big sequence structure and place a 200ms wait in the loop.

Now also move the while loop one screen to the left or right. It is really bad form to hide a million terminals behind structures.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,725 Views)
This VI only serves to manage the two tick boxes 'Rectangulaire' and 'Circulaire'. When I put a spy at the entrance of these VI I do not obtain values.

Here you will find this VI
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,725 Views)