LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW deprecated functions in vi.lib (bug?)

Solved!
Go to solution

You can open the block diagram for a number of functions, and the Three button dialog is one of them. Apart from not following many style guidelines (it's slightly better in 2017), it uses the deprecated FP.open property, that's been 'dead' since … LV2011? I found it in both LV2013 and LV2017. How many other are there in vi.lib? I thought it was part of the yearly upgrade procedure to auto check the existing code?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,689 Views)

It passes the standard VI analyzer tests. Although I agree that coding standards should be followed even by NI, this VI is not really an example to display how to program. I think it is much more important to have the example VI's follow standards.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,647 Views)

The natural follow up question then becomes: Shouldn't VI analyzer react to deprecated code? Or it should create a warning, which also doesn't happen.

I find it peculiar.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,643 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yamaeda

I made a pass through a lot of vi.lib code for the LabVIEW 2019 release and fixed up some deprecated property/method/VI calls. This VI was one of the ones I updated.

There is a VI Analyzer test that checks for deprecated properties/methods, but it doesn't ship with the VI Analyzer Toolkit... we use it internally at NI. I'll add it to our list of tests to consider adding to VI Analyzer Toolkit 2020.

Message 4 of 4
(2,631 Views)