From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes when I add USB R Series devices

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I can see my USB-7855R from the MAX. But when I add the device to a LabVIEW Project, it crashes and stop working. My system configuration is like below.

Windows 7 64bit

LabVIEW 2013 SP1 f2(32bit)

LabVIEW FPGA 13.0.1

NI RIO 14.0.1

Is there any work around to this issue?

Best Regards

Joonam

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,651 Views)

I've not seen this before, but I'm sure it is frustrating.  Does this only happen on one machine?  Do you have others to test it on?

Have you tried repairing any NI software products?  Maybe NI RIO?  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,642 Views)

I have tried repairing NI RIO, NI LabVIEW. Also I''ve tested on another machine as same configuration, it still occurs. But if I use Windows OS 32bit(same another), it works fine.

Maybe is it OS related problem?

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,620 Views)

Are you actually able to compile code for it on 32-bit though? I didn't think that was possible.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joonam

No, you cannot compile USB R series on a 32 bit machine. So, I used another machine(64bit)'s FPGA compile server on the network.

On the other hand, I discovered that works all well with the LabVIEW 2014 and LabVIEW FPGA 2014. However, it still doesn't work with LabVIEW 2013 SP1. Even the shipping examples of USB R series are not able  to open.

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
Message 5 of 6
(2,587 Views)

I have the same problem.

I am running Version 13.0.1 (32-bit) of LabView on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and when creating a new, empty project, LabView crashes immediately after selecting new My Computer ->FPGA Target -> R Series -> USB-7845R OEM, or any of the other USB R series devices. The other (PXI and PCI) FPGA targets work fine.

Note that I have not purchased or installed any drivers with the USB-7845R OEM, I wan't to start creating a prjoject while the procurement of this board is in process.

As I already have LabView 2011 SP1 installed for maintaining an older project, and use 2013 SP1 for the current projects, I would like not to install LabView2014 as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,389 Views)