LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW application crashes when a VI with one or more remote panel clients is exited

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi all,

This is the issue I have faced with both LabVIEW 8.2 and LabVIEW 8.6. I publish one of the dynamically launching VIs of my application as a webpage. Then I load the application and launch this dynamic VI and connect to this VI using a web browser from some intranet PC. Then if I try to exit the VI when the client is still connected to it, the application crashes. Please see the image attached.
This behavior occurs randomly. Sometimes everything work as expected when the VI is exited - the main screen of the application appears and in the client side there is a 'Remote Panel Connection is closed'.
What could be the reason for it?

Thanks,
Priyadarsini
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,780 Views)

Have you seen this?

Can you post your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,772 Views)

Thank you, muks. But in my application, the application crashes and not the browser. This happens only when I exit one of the dynamically launched VIs (with remote clients connected). I am using Internet Explorer 8.

Also this is a very large application with a lot of dynamically launched VIs. Hence I publish only one of the screens to the web. And also I'll not be able to share it. But I could try to create a simple application with one dynamic VI and try to reproduce the same crash.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,753 Views)
Or is there a way to programmatically terminate the client connections? I tried using 'RP.Close Connection to Client' method in vain. If there is a way to terminate then I could use that to close connections before closing the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,748 Views)
Similar one except that I'll not check the client status. I'll close irrespective of its status.

Close Clients.JPG
Message 6 of 7
(2,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Priyadarsini
Oops.. The 'Close Connections' method is working properly. I apologize for the mistake.

As for the application crash problem, I did this close connection, then wait for a few milliseconds and then exit the VI. Now the application seems to be working fine.

In the mean time I have got another doubt. Is there a way to Close Connection to the application instead of a VI ?

Thanks,
Priyadarsini
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,719 Views)