LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Windows Compatibility

Where can I find the Excel spreadsheet with the complete compatibility chart of LabVIEW to Windows?

I need this on a yearly basis for various versions and always becomes harder and harder to get. Right now I cannot find anything.

I'm currently looking for the complete LabIVEW 8.2 and 8.2.1 compatibility for Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,273 Views)

In general, you're looking for this: https://www.ni.com/ro-ro/support/documentation/compatibility/17/labview-and-microsoft-windows-compat...

For 8.2 and 8.2.1 it looks like you'll need to find the READMEs instead (they're no longer listed on that page).

Readme (8.2) 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,258 Views)

That compatibility list has been incomplete ever since they broke off anything older than 2009.

Thanks for the readme but that doesn't always help, especially when trying to find the latest version for each Windows version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,184 Views)

@Foreshadow20 wrote:

That compatibility list has been incomplete ever since they broke off anything older than 2009.

Thanks for the readme but that doesn't always help, especially when trying to find the latest version for each Windows version.

I know LV 8.x is good for XP, but I wouldn't really go any more recent than that.  I think that, by "compatible", they mean "these are the combinations of LV and Windows that we support", and if you look at it that way, I guess they aren't supporting Windows 8.x and below on any Windows version any more.  In that sense, I guess the chart is NOT incomplete.

You could always call up NI and see what their response is.  Other than whatever was suggested above, I'm out of ideas.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,170 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

For 8.2 and 8.2.1 it looks like you'll need to find the READMEs instead (they're no longer listed on that page).

Or you could type "What operating system supports LabVIEW 8.2", and Google will return the answer "In addition to Windows Vista, LabVIEW 8.2. 1 continues to support Windows XP and Windows 2000, as well as Mac OS X and Linux®. LabVIEW 8.2. 1 is available for download now through the NI Services Resource Center to current NI Standard Service Program (SSP) members."

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,161 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@cbutcher wrote:

Or you could type "What operating system supports LabVIEW 8.2", and Google will return the answer "In addition to Windows Vista, LabVIEW 8.2. 1 continues to support Windows XP and Windows 2000, as well as Mac OS X and Linux®. LabVIEW 8.2. 1 is available for download now through the NI Services Resource Center to current NI Standard Service Program (SSP) members."

Bob Schor

I thought I did a Google Search very much like that.  I bow to your superior Google-Fu.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,152 Views)

thanks, that gives some information based on older versions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,105 Views)