From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW TCP connection with server pressing a button.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm Engineering student

I'm doing my final degree project and I have a problem.

In my application, I have a server implements in Arduino with ESP32. It run ok continuosly.

The client is implement in LabVIEW. This is the application:

1. I create a TCP connection.

2. I send a frame with information to the server.

3. The client wait the server response.

4. When the information from server is received in the client, I process that.

5. Them, close the conection. (The server is listening another client connection).

** 6. Press a button for start step 1.

I want a button that start the application, without abor the execution. I'm new in LabVIEW and I don't know how to do it, and I can't find any example.

Please, help and thank's.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,132 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pericoj1

You learned pieces of LabVIEW, but not much about designing with LabVIEW.  What I think you need is a high-level design like a State Machine or a Queued Message Handler.  The LabVIEW Tools Network has the JKI State Machine, which is pretty "user-friendly", and NI has the Queued Message Handler (I think you can find it if you choose "New Project" when you open LabVIEW), which is a little more challenging, but pretty well documented.

Do you know about Event Structures and Event Loops, designed to "listen for" and "respond to" Button Presses (among other things)?  If not, look them up (LabVIEW Help, the Web, your Instructor, your fellow students).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,107 Views)

Thank's for the answer, Finally I did it using an state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,089 Views)