LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Student Version

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello - I'm new to LabView. Purchased LabVIEW Student version about 1 year ago. Just starting with it now.

First problem I've encountered is wiring the 'Read" block to a gauge. I have a type mismatch.

Is there a way to re-configure the 'read block' to 1 channel, single sample? I'm following along an older YouTube video and the palette choices I have don't match the video.

Is this because I have a limited Student Version? Also, is DAQ Assistant gone? I can't find that either - it appears in the video.

Thank you all.

Gary P.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,784 Views)

GaryatNeo wrote:First problem I've encountered is wiring the 'Read" block to a gauge. I have a type mismatch.

Which "Read" are you referring to?  I'm guessing DAQmx Read.  A snapshot of your code would help use a lot here.

@GaryatNeo wrote:

Also, is DAQ Assistant gone? I can't find that either - it appears in the video.

No, the DAQ Assistant is still there.  You might need to reinstall DAQmx in order to add the LabVIEW support.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,767 Views)

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it is a DAQmx Base READ function. When I try to wire it to a gauge, I get the typemismatch.

I also see now that there is also a second error - Task/Channel not wired.

I do not know how to provide a snapshot of my code yet.

Also, Should I be on another board - I don't want to take up anyone's time with beginner questions if I should be somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,755 Views)

Why are you using DAQmx Base instead of regular DAQmx?  What OS are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,748 Views)

I'm using Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GaryatNeo

DAQmx Base is meant for Macs.  And I think it doesn't include the DAQ Assistant.  See the OS listed here http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-base-15.0/5648/en/

You should remove it and install regular DAQmx.

Message 6 of 6
(2,740 Views)