From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Runtime slow PC boot

Hi

I have installed many Runtime versions of very different LabVIEW applications, with no problems.

But now I have one customer who has a problem after installing a LV application:

The PC boots very slow, appr. 20-30 minutes.

They have investigated the problem, and tried everything they could find on LV forums.

Delaying the below services helped for a couple of days:

NI Device Loader
NI Service Locator
NI Configuration Manager 

But then it started again.

The application is build on LabVIEW 2014.

It uses nothing but the RS232 port, so the application uses very little external devices/services.

I can see that former forum topics was on the 2012 version.

Is this problem still present, and is there an easy to understand reason / an easy solution to this problem in LabVIEW 2014?

I have made tons of this type of application, installed on very different PC's, and has never seen this problem before.

I really hope there is an easy way to deal with it.

Thanks in advance!

br

Kaare

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,676 Views)

20-30 minutes of boot times are definetly too long and i've never seen that behavior.

I know that there are some things slowing down boot times, for instance network search processes, but these should never take that long.

That being said, i recommend to first rule out network issues. If possible, deactivate the firewall and then reboot the system (with firewall deactivated!). Does that effect the boot time?

Also, anti-virus software is known to meddle (severly) with things so you might also try to deactivate this as well.

Other system configuration (e.g. incorrect starting order of system services, missing system services, ...) could affect the issue, but are harder to verify/track down.

Is that a virtual machine installation?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,660 Views)