LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: Resource not found. (2015 Application)

Hi all,

I wrote a program for our lab which handles data capture from several different instruments simultaneously. I developed it in 2012 a year ago and have it set up to painlessly create an executable so we can run it on different computers. Since we updated our computers to Labview 2015 I tried re-exporting it, but for some reason the executable now throws an error about it not being able to find the .dll for one of the instruments:

"LabVIEW: Resource not found.

PDI_LV.dll [<== Instrument .dl]

An error occured loading VI 'PDI_close.vi'"

And it'll throw one of these messages for each subVI that depends on this library. I double-checked and PDI_LV.dll was properly exported to the data folder; I also tried copying it to the same directory as the executable but that didn't work either. The imissing .dll is for a Polhemus Liberty position tracking system, if that'll help at all.

I'll say right now I'm not great with creating applications. I figured out a way that worked for me and stuck with it. The workflow is like this: First, I package all of my VIs and required files into a library using Build Specifications>New>Source Distribution. I then copy the llb into the project directory and import into the labview project. Then I generate the executable using Build Specifications>New>Application, set the startup VI to be the main VI, and include the newly-created LLB in the Always Included section. Once I complete the build I manually copy a set of files into the new data folder. In the past I spent a long time trying to get the exporter to include those files automatically, but in the end my best solution was to just manually copy them over so I could move on to other things. I tried this process again in LabVIEW 2012 and it produced a perfectly functional application, but doing the exact same steps in 2015 results in the above errors. 

Let me know what additional information you need. I can't put up source files until I clear it, if they're needed I'll see what I can do. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,641 Views)

Is the PDI_LV.dll version-specific?  Might there be slightly different "hooks" for LabVIEW 2012 and LabVIEW 2015?  Have you tried contacting Polhemus about this?

We've got some code that uses a Polhemus (I'm sure it's probably older than yours -- I don't think it had a .dll, we just talked Serial to it), but have other instruments with .dll code.  We've never made an Installer -- we just build the Executable, noting the .dlls in the Always Included section.  We need to make sure the PC has the appropriate LabVIEW RunTime Engine, copy over the Destination Folder, and we're Good to Go.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,618 Views)