LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a VI asynchronously when in an exe.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having problems executing  aVI asynchroniosly ina  built exe, it works fine the the development enviroment.

Error1003.png

Error2208.png

(This wire isn't broken in LabVIEW, only when creating the snippet, is this maybe also a side effect of my problems?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,634 Views)

The VI snippet thing is just there because the snippet doesn't understand inheritance with your class, so don't worry about that.

I don't see a reason for your dynamic loading to fail as executable. Have you tried a mass compile of your entire project? You can find this at Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile.

I'm assuming you're running the executable on the same computer as the developement environment?

This thread has some interesting things you can try.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,631 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the clear complile cache and a mass compile and still no luck. I'm not using any .net or dll calls or anything special.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,616 Views)

Two questions about your Error Message.  I can't figure out what an Error of Type 2208 means -- LabVIEW says this error code is undefined, yet it shows it to you.  The other question is what version and "class" of LabVIEW are you running?  [By "class", I mean "Base", "Student", "Full", "Professional", or possibly something else].  Sometimes (rarely?) the Error Message Gives You a Clue.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,606 Views)

Hi It's the professional edition.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,585 Views)

Err.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,584 Views)

Err2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,582 Views)

I've norrowed it down the the "Publisher ref" control, that's what's causing all of my problems. I'm yet to work out exactly what's wrong with it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard_Ha

Turns out that VI wasn't in the libray/class. Added it and rebuilt and all working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,577 Views)