LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW RT 8.5.1 "reboot due to system error"

I'm running my app on a quad core RT desktop target.  The executable runs anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours before the machine reboots.  About half the time I get the "reboot due to system error" and the "software state: safe mode" messages.  rtlog.txt has no record of the reboot.

Is there any way to get LabVIEW to log any useful data when this happens?

What actions can I take to track this down (other than disabling portions of my code to see what part might be causing it)?
Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,523 Views)

Connect up a display to  the RT chassi to see if you get any message there.

In addition, watch your memory useage. If you run out of memory, RT will just STB. Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Hey Ben,

Thanks for responding.

I do have a display hooked up to my RT desktop, but when it reboots, it reboots.  Screen goes blank.  No messages.

How do you watch the memory usage on the RT target?

What does STB mean?

Thanks,

Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,511 Views)

In LV 8 and up I believe there is a property under the RT target inside the project.

STB = "Sh#$ The Bed"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,506 Views)
You can go to Tools --> Real-Time Module --> System Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,502 Views)