LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Quick Reference Card No longer shipping?

I've got a few newer developer around.  They keep asking thigs like "How did you know to do That?"  Most of them are included on the Quick Reference Card.  But I can't find one on my machine!  A few online searches yielded nothing newer than 2010. so, some of the cooler features are not covered (BM Manager, Unmake Space, Event inspector...)  Did the name change or is this useful manual discontinued?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 16
(3,420 Views)

I have never seen this reference. I also just learned that clicking space while wiring will change how it is wired so that's pretty cool.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,394 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

I have never seen this reference. I also just learned that clicking space while wiring will change how it is wired so that's pretty cool.

Well, Spacebar while wiring is a great feature.  My true problem is...  Your going to LOVE this....

Spoiler
So many of these tips are "muscle memory", that I can not tell the new developers WHAT I didSmiley LOL  except say--- "gimme the mouse and KB and watch close"Smiley Embarassed

So, now I need that card again!  <thank god I wasn't using google-speak for that..someone would ship me a sweater>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,351 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
 "gimme the mouse and KB and watch close"Smiley Embarassed

Maybe next NIWeek they should have a keyboard cam for the fastest programmer competition

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 16
(3,340 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

What??!!??  I gotta try this ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,320 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

What??!!??  I gotta try this ...

BS

Well, If you had a Quick Refeance Card pinned to your cube wall.... You would have those in (not at) your fingetips!  Thanks for making my point!  The QRC needs update and ship it.  Or, at least FISI it without update.

Spoiler
For Bob: FISI defined.  F It Ship It

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,304 Views)

Thanks for the update (including the abbreviation, which, due to my sheltered lifestyle, I would not have guessed).  I'm going to search my Pile of Papers and see if I have one of those QRCs from a few years ago and Learn Some New Trix ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,280 Views)

Bob,

Be sure to alert the Ski Patrol before you start your search - in case of avalanche. I always need to do that here.  I am pretty sure my QRC was left behind when I retired from full-time work a few years ago.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,278 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Bob,

Be sure to alert the Ski Patrol before you start your search - in case of avalanche. I always need to do that here.  I am pretty sure my QRC was left behind when I retired from full-time work a few years ago.

Lynn

Or,. You could just print the linked document.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,249 Views)

Way to go Jeff.  You just convinced me to pull out my copy from my drawer and clip it to my cube.  Now if I can just find my desk underneath all of this equipment...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,227 Views)