LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Programming

I would like to know how to specify the position of more than one cursor in an XY graph programmatically. Is there a propoerty node that can select each cursor in a graph based on their name??

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35
(4,285 Views)

Hi teddy_aua,

you can use the property "active cursor". With the property Cursor.name you can read the name of the active cursor. With these properties you can build an array of all your cursors and their names. In this array you can search for a specified name with the "normal" array function. If you found it, set this cursor as active cursor and change the position.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 2 of 35
(4,278 Views)

hello,

thank u for ur suggestion. It would be great if you could provide a sample program that does this.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(4,220 Views)

Hi Teddy,

You can also use the Cursor List property node. This will provide the name, index and position of each cursor. I have attached an example of this and how to use the active cursor node.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Sappster
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(4,174 Views)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply, but I have LabVIEW version 8.5 and was unable to open ur example. COuld you kindly send me the file in a lower version?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(4,123 Views)

Hi Teddy,

Attached is version 8.5 of Mark's example VI.

Please let us know if you need further information.

Best regards,

Quoc Hung

Applications Engineer

National Instruments ASEAN

Message 6 of 35
(4,065 Views)

Hello Quoc Hung,

Thank you very much for your sample VI. It worked nicely. I also want to know the following.

When displaying two plots in an XY graph, how can the plot colors be changed programatically? Also, is there a way to programatically change the plot legend as well?

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(4,006 Views)

Hi Teddy,

You can use Property Node to do that as well.

Please see a simple example attached.

Best regards,

Quoc Hung

Applications Engineer

NI ASEAN

Message 8 of 35
(3,985 Views)

Hello Quoc Hung,

Thank you again. It worked well. However, I want to programatically check whether any plots are available in an XY graph before plotting a new graph. I tried using the equal operator but it does not work. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(3,945 Views)

Hello Quoc Hung,

Any idea on my previous question? Also, I would like to know whether it is possible to change the color of a cursor name. It automatically takes the color of the cursor, but I want to change the name color. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(3,825 Views)