LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW ORM implementation

Dear LabVIEW community,

recently I've searched for some information regarding LabVIEW Object Relational Mapping (ORM) Framework implementation (if any), and found this link - http://www.gcraftsman.com/objectkeep.html. What is interesting - this section of the website is not accessible via site menu; actually it is accessible just by direct link (which is indexed by Google though).

I've tried to contact site admin via e-mail form, but no reply.

Does anyone know, whether this is real implementation of ORM, or this is just some tool promo which does not exist yet/or some proprietary solution?

Or, on the other hand, are there some others ORM implementation, or LabVIEW doesn't have it yet?

Thanks a lot,

Sincerely, kosist90.

Message 1 of 4
(2,416 Views)

Hi kosist90,

I've looked into the ObjectKeep framework you linked to, and I do not believe that it is still an active project.  I can only find some mention of it on the community forums from 2010 or so, and it sounded like it was a side project at that point.

One place you can go to look for tools of this sort is the LabVIEW Tools Network, but unfortunately I can't find any ORM frameworks there either.  This does seem to be something that the LabVIEW community is missing.

Can you talk more about what you need from an ORM?  It may be possible to accomplish the same goals with another method.

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,366 Views)

If I had to guess (actually I do have to guess because I don't know) I would try to contact James McNally.

Something in the back of my head wants to connect him with that site.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,357 Views)

Thanks a lot to you for replies!

I am curious about ORM, because I believe that this is useful stuff which works nice in other programming languages, so LabVIEW would win from it also. But, as it does not exist yet, maybe it is not so "demanded" approach, and we could further live without it 😃

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,330 Views)