From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG sending an email

Hi,
I have a problem with labView NXG.. I would like to send an email when a limit is reached by a signal. But when I use the simple email send Message nodge, I get an error. It´s saying that there is no connection to my host possible (error363500).. I am using gmail...
Do you know what to do?

I use the following setting:

email: name@gmail.com

username: name (without @gmail.com)
port: 587

smtp: smtp.gmail.com

TLS is activated

Thank you in advanced!

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,393 Views)

Hi @Lasklu,

I was able to send an e-mail by using a built-in example in LV NXG. Open NXG->Help->Examples, in a search bar type mail and open the Send SMTP Email program. 

After that I went to this webpage to check the List of SMTP and POP3 Server and how to configure the NXG.

Here is the screenshot of my config:mail_nxg.png

I am looking forward to your answer!

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,346 Views)

Hi Lasklu,

did you try my solution? 

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,330 Views)

Hi! Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I am Not able to try your solution until friday.. but friday I will test the solution and will answer you!

Thank you very much!

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,323 Views)

Hi Andrzej,

unfortunately it did not work... I have tried several settings but there is mostly the error 363500. I think that the problem is that my company where I am working at (siemens) has blocked some ports in the firewall settings. I cannot find another problem why it should not work...

Interesting is that when I use telnet in my command prompt (telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 or 465) it does not work, too.

Don't know how to fix it...

Thanks again,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,306 Views)

Hi Lasklu,

please ask your IT Department then if they can allow the connection to port TCP 25. Please, check this document for more information: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,304 Views)

I tried myself and I allowed the Connection via the Firewall settings but it did Not helped.. I will contact the IT AS soon as possible..

Thanks

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,281 Views)