LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG sending an email

Hi,
I have a problem with labView NXG.. I would like to send an email when a limit is reached by a signal. But when I use the simple email send Message nodge, I get an error. It´s saying that there is no connection to my host possible (error363500).. I am using gmail...
Do you know what to do?

I use the following setting:

email: name@gmail.com

username: name (without @gmail.com)
port: 587

smtp: smtp.gmail.com

TLS is activated

Thank you in advanced!

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,369 Views)

Hi @Lasklu,

I was able to send an e-mail by using a built-in example in LV NXG. Open NXG->Help->Examples, in a search bar type mail and open the Send SMTP Email program. 

After that I went to this webpage to check the List of SMTP and POP3 Server and how to configure the NXG.

Here is the screenshot of my config:mail_nxg.png

I am looking forward to your answer!

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,322 Views)

Hi Lasklu,

did you try my solution? 

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,306 Views)

Hi! Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I am Not able to try your solution until friday.. but friday I will test the solution and will answer you!

Thank you very much!

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,299 Views)

Hi Andrzej,

unfortunately it did not work... I have tried several settings but there is mostly the error 363500. I think that the problem is that my company where I am working at (siemens) has blocked some ports in the firewall settings. I cannot find another problem why it should not work...

Interesting is that when I use telnet in my command prompt (telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 or 465) it does not work, too.

Don't know how to fix it...

Thanks again,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,282 Views)

Hi Lasklu,

please ask your IT Department then if they can allow the connection to port TCP 25. Please, check this document for more information: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,280 Views)

I tried myself and I allowed the Connection via the Firewall settings but it did Not helped.. I will contact the IT AS soon as possible..

Thanks

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,257 Views)