LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Initializing Plug Ins takes too long time.

Hi,
I am using LabVIEW 2015 SP1 on Windows 7. Here is my issue:

1. PC is connected to internet.
2. Start LabVIEW (just LabVIEW), it takes at least 30-40 sec to load (hang always on "Initializing plugs in")

3. Close LabVIEW, takes also long time until the icon disappears.

4. Disabled internet connection.

5. Start LabVIEW, it loads faster (4-5 secs)

6. Close LabVIEW, also takes only 4-5 secs.

My question:
1. What does LabVIEW actually called during "Initializing plugs in" and its relatio with "Internet connection"?

2. Does LabVIEW always check "server" somewhere or check license?

It is really an issue for me, especially if i call my project from GUI. It takes very long time to load until sometimes it doesn't responds... the work arround i found, just to disable internet connection, something i don't like, especially if i want to work remotely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,515 Views)

Possibly related to search parameter in Tools..->Options->Search ?? Disabled all internet related searches? I'm spitballing here, never ran across this issue..

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,491 Views)

Hi ChrisK88,

thanks for your idea. I have tried it. Disabled any possibility features that might have any relation to internet connection. Unfortunately, it still the same.

I didn't measure the time, but when i disabled internet connection, LabVIEW starts immediately.

Regards,
Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,486 Views)

Do you have the Update Service running?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,471 Views)

Hi Bob,

No.. i don't have it.

Thanks for your respond anyway.

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,469 Views)

Not on this reason, but I killed (stopped and set to disabled) most of NI web services (Start -> Services -> they start from "NI") that I do not use. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,458 Views)

Hello Rajamodol,

I suggest you try repairing the LabVIEW instalation by going to the 'Repair' feature in "\Control Panel\Programs and Features". 

What I also suggest is that you uninstall all parts of LabVIEW you do not currently have a license for. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,395 Views)

Sounds a lot like an issue I was having with the NI License Manager - do you have your NI License manager pointed to a license server that doesn't exist?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,366 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your respond. I have just back from Vacation.. sorry, for late reply.

Yes, we have manage our license through license server. But, does Labview always check its license every time it is opened? if yes, how to avoid it, in case our license server is down?

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,255 Views)

@rajamodol wrote:

Yes, we have manage our license through license server. But, does Labview always check its license every time it is opened? if yes, how to avoid it, in case our license server is down?

For me, the issue was resolved by removing the server (which no longer existed) from the NI license manager. The temporary solution was to start LabVIEW without a network connection (or on a different network) which seemed to launch LabVIEW without the delay (e.g. if working out of the office).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,244 Views)