LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: I need to Integrate "Smartbear TestComplete" Automation Application with LabVIEW

Hi,

I need to Integrate "Smartbear TestComplete" Automation Application with LabVIEW. In LabVIEW 2013 version, there was a Type Library/ DLL available as "TestCompleteCOMMgr" and corresponding properties (e.g. ITestCompleteCOMManager) & methods could be invoked under it.

But I am unable to see them in the LabVIEW 2018 versions, I am unable to find that Type Library/ DLL when I browse for it under the "Select ActiveX Class" for the "Automation Open" Object under the "ActiveX Pallete". ( Please find the screenshot for the same attached )

I would need help to get the required "Type Library/ DLL" to be able to integrate Smartbear TestComplete" Automation Application with LabVIEW. Could anyone help me with it?

Thanks & Regards,
Saket

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,307 Views)

HI there!

Are you using the same exact dll in LabVIEW2018? what OS are you using now? Is it possible that you were using Windows 7 and now you are using Windows 10, and the  2013 DLL has directories inconsistent with Windows 10? 

Could you check?

Best, 

Anyela 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,275 Views)

Hi Anyela,

The problem is I am unable to find that DLL in LabVIEW 2018 DLL/ TLB Library. I even tried searching for it on the Internet and Smartbear Website, but with no success.

I am using Windows10 OS and have tried checking with both LabVIEW 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

So, only if I can get the DLL, is when I will be able to check the compatibility factors.

Thanks,

Saket

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,244 Views)

I see... Have you tried contacting their support contact? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,232 Views)

Hi,

Did you win a solution for this? May I know the status, please?

Best Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,034 Views)

Hi Roberto,

I found a solution on the TestComplete Website to integrate and Run TestComplete Scripts via creation of COM Objects in C# or VB or Python Scripting language.

The COM Objects created using either of these scripting language can then be called in LabVIEW / Teststand based on what you wish to integrate it with, to run the TestComplete Project Suite/ Unit Scripts/ Routines as needed.

Link to create the TestComplete COM Objects with all the details :

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/automating/via-com/calling-script-routi...

Regards,

Saket

Message 6 of 6
(2,024 Views)