From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Full: find difference between two VIs

I've bought the LabVIEW Full, but now I read that Source Code Control could only be integrated into LabVIEW Professional Smiley Sad

I've also read in the forum that the utility LVDiff could help developers finding differences between two VIs.

Can LVDiff be used also with Full version of LabVIEW?

I can't believe I must buy LabVIEW Professional only to do a VIs diff....

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,706 Views)
I don't know if it is in the Full version or not.  But if you open a vi (or a blank vi) and click on tools there is a menu called compare with a sub-menu compare vi's.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,698 Views)

A quick search looks like you might need the professional system for the vi compare.

Take a look at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3493C58EA0E842FA86256F86006142C0

Message Edited by _Bryan on 02-16-2010 10:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,690 Views)

I've never tried to compare a vi with one created by a higher platform..

I suspect that it could be done; however, you may not be able to "see" the code developed by LV-Pro, since a more basic version may/would not have those functions available.  Then, you are back to square 1.

One thig you could do is post your code and someone could post the code snippets (images) from it.

R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,680 Views)

It seems that I was right: a simple "file difference" between two VIs can only be done with LV-Pro...

...and It's hard to develope efficient code and track changes without a "file difference" feature!

I think that LV-Pro is the only platform suitable for code developers.... unfortunately Smiley Sad

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,648 Views)
if the price difference is not much you can upgrade to Pro... Just try calling your local NI rep and ask them..(you may also get an dscount who knows? 🙂   )
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,644 Views)