From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: File is not a resource file. The file is not a valid LabVIEW file

Solved!
Go to solution

I have attached a zip file with the probolematic 'Create report.vi' within.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34
(2,887 Views)

Hi Grant_C,

also inside the zip is it still a jpg.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(2,871 Views)

Perhaps the actual code created a JPEG and named the image file with the same name as the VI and overwrote the .vi file. Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34
(2,858 Views)

Hello, 

my file seems to be corrupted out of blue.. the vi has DAQmx functions , to make some edits after customer input the vi was being edited and sudden'y it won't open... I have to install this file tomorrow.. any help is very much appreciated.

-Pallavi

Thanks...

Pallavi
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34
(2,745 Views)

Palchen,

After reading through the original discussion on this topic, it appears that the only way to fix this is to recover your file from a backup.  You can find documentation on this problem here.

Regards,

Trey C.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(2,734 Views)

Hi, my vi is also not working. Does anyone can help me. I spent much time for this vi but unfortunately corrapted. Please help me. Appriciate for help

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(2,717 Views)

Becidea,

The easiest way to recover a corrupted file is generally to load the latest revision that is not corrupted.  If this corruption occurred when the VI was sent as an email attachment then I would suggest zipping the VI in a folder before attempting to resend it.

Regards,

Trey C.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(2,705 Views)

Thank you, but unfortunately I didn't meet like this situation for 1 year:)). I need to write again.

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34
(2,689 Views)

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my labview file which was my 2 months work. I saved when I exit but today morning I experienced the system hang, before I open the file, and after restarting I was popped with this error.  Any help regarding this is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34
(2,261 Views)

Hi CNRK,

as suggested before: use a VI from your backup!

You do have backups made for your "2 month work"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34
(2,235 Views)