LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Error on OS X

I have a program that I wrote that works fine on Windows, but does not work when distributed to a coworker that runs LabVIEW on OS X. I don't currently have access to OS X for debugger, but was wondering if anyone sees anything that may be an issue for cross-platform compatibility.

The program reads a JSON string from a text file that contains base64 encoded data, and converts it to an array of doubles. I know that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the approach since it works without issue on Windows. I believe the problem is somewhere in the json_read_channel.vi or the base64_decode.vi. When run on OSX, the program will just hang and never throw an error (which is what makes it difficult for me to debug remotely on an OS I am not familiar with).

Does anyone notice anything that seems out of place when run on OS X?

Thank you!

json_read_channel

base64_decode

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)

It would be helpful to have some data and the expected results for that data.

When I type a few random characters into the JSON String, the program executes and exits.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,729 Views)

The attached text file ("JSON String") for use with a "Channel Name" of "Weight FL", when run through the program should result in an output "Data" array with a length of 160 and a "Sample Rate" of 32.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,722 Views)

Works fine on LV 2016, 64 bit, on Mac OS X 10.11.6, El Capitan.

You might try wiring up the error clusters and adding error indicators and see if those give your coworker any clues. What OS and LV versions are used where the error occurs?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,716 Views)

The code was written with and tested on Windows in LV 2014. The error is happening on El Capitan with LV 2015.

Thank you for the suggestions Lynn. I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,710 Views)

It also runs fine for me in LV 2015. And on LV 2014.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,708 Views)