cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Error -200077 in DAQmx Start function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We are seeing below error in “DAQmx Start Task.vi” function. It’s not accepting minimum and maximum value between -10 to 10V and throwing the error. And, it’s expecting minimum and maximum value between  -0.080mV to 0.080mv. I’m not seeing the error, if I’m using the value between -0.080mV to 0.080mv for min and max. There is no error when creating the task and configuring the timing.

Could you please let me know, is there any settings we are missing?

NI – PXIe 6341

RT system

Error:

Error -200077 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220001

Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: AI.Min

Requested Value: -5.0

Value Must Be Greater Than: -80.0e-3

Value Must Be Less Than:  80.0e-3

Channel Name: PXI1Slot3/ai0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<5>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,244 Views)

You've probably defined a scale for the channels in your task.  I've been bitten by this before too.  When you have a scale, AI min and max are for the post-scaled units not for raw voltage.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 5
(4,214 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't defined the scale for the channel when creating task. I am just creating the task with min and max values. And, i'm searching how to define the scale for channel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,206 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ramsinghsivaramkumar

Sorry, no other ideas.  With that board and code snapshot, I'd expect to be able to specify +/- 10 V for max/min without error.  All I can think is to double check that the physical channel really *is* on the 6341 board.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,186 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I'm pointing to the wrong thermocouple channel instead of 6341. Thanks You.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,150 Views)