From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Datatypes to .NET reference

Dear Folks,

Am working on integration of opencv library function to LabVIEW. I can able to get all the lib functions by .NET Constructor node to LabVIEW. I need to pass the values to the functions using .NET reference. How can i do this,, Can any one give me an idea.,

Lv.png

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,857 Views)

You need to know what type of .NET object is the correct type for the parameter, then create an instance of that object (for example using a .NET constructor). That object should have a method to assign data to it. If you have a link to documentation for this specific function I might be able to provide more specific help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,826 Views)

@nathand wrote:

You need to know what type of .NET object is the correct type for the parameter, then create an instance of that object (for example using a .NET constructor). That object should have a method to assign data to it.

Thanks for your reply nathand,

I want to passs the array  to the source terminals. Can you guide me how to create the instance of the object? 

Waiting or your reply..

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,817 Views)

Then it sounds like you need to create an Array-object, probably in system.data (cant find my way around .net for my life ^^) and feed your array as data to that.

There's a build in function to do that for you though. "To .NET object" converts primitives.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,805 Views)

@Silver_Shaper wrote:

I want to passs the array  to the source terminals. Can you guide me how to create the instance of the object? 

Does the To .NET Object VI do what you need here?

If not, and if the correct parameter type is a .NET array, then you can follow the example here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-pass-a-Labview-array-into-a-C-NET-array-object/m-p/1992795#M6... However, you should confirm that it is the correct type for the function you want to call.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,787 Views)

Dear Sir

Did you ever manage to get OpenCV working in LabView?

If you did, do you have a few examples?

Did you have to write any wrapper functions of your own, or did you manage to make use of off the shelf wrappers (emgu cv?)

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,603 Views)