From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DSP Test Integration Toolkit support for Code Composer Studio version 4

Hi,

I came to know about the LabVIEW DSP Test Integration Toolkit support for Code Composer Studio from the link http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5839. I would like to know if this works with Code Composer Studio version 4 also. I am using CCSv4 with TMS320C6748 board. If not, can you please tell me if NI has brought out any software that helps in real time data exchange between CCSv4 and Labview?

Regards,

Debarati. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,175 Views)

Hi Debarati,

Yes, it should work for you, however there are a few known errors with Code Composer Studio 4 - are you having a problem with it? Please let me know. Sincerely, 

Julianne K

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,165 Views)

Hi Julianne,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I find that the VIs of the toolkit are asking for a path to .pjt files of the projects created with CCSv3.3. But, with CCSv4, there is no concept of .pjt files for the projects. So, can you please tell me what I should do? Is it possible to get some examples of using the LabVIEW toolkit with CCSv4?

Regards,

Debarati.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,162 Views)

Hi Debarati, 

Sorry about that, I was not aware of the change of file types between versions of CCS. It appears the CCSv4 has a tool for migrating .pjt files from CCSv3.3 to CCSv4. That feature is described here: 

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/C2000_Getting_Started_with_Code_Composer_Studio_v4 under the heading: "Migrating C2000 Projects from CCSv3.3 to CCSv4. Please let me know if that fixes your issue. Thanks, 

Julianne K

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,151 Views)

Hi Julianne,

Thanks for your reply. I have migrated the projects from CCS3.3 to CCS4. Can you please tell me how I can use the  LabVIEW DSP Test Integration Toolkit with CCS4? I am just starting out in this area. So, a detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Debarati.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,131 Views)

Debarati,

I did some more research into your issue and found out that unfortunately, NI no longer officially supports the DSP Test Integration Toolkit as seen here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5839 

I also see that you located our example VI here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4311 and that the VI asked you for a .pjt file that you could not locate in CCSv4. Being that we no longer support the DSP Test Integration Toolkit, your next course of action would be to contact TI and inquire what .pjt file corresponds to in the newest version of CCS. I hope TI can be of more help to you with this issue since, as I said before, we no longer support this toolkit.

My apologies,

Larry H

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 11
(5,116 Views)

I used DSP Test Integration Toolkit for TI DSP with labview 7.0 propertly. But when I install this toolkit on labview 2010, i get error on their different Vi such as CCS open.Vi, CCS download.VI and so on... Could someone help me. thank hou

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,603 Views)

Unfortunately, this is a toolkit that is no longer supported.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,586 Views)
  •  can you share LabVIEW DSP Test Integration Toolkit

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,786 Views)

It was discontinued in 2011 or earlier. I can’t upload it and NI won’t upload discontinued software, they might not even be able to locate it anymore without intense archeological efforts in very old archive backups.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,745 Views)