From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Applications Updates

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

I am working on an LabVIEW application that runs over more than 20 PC, I would like to know how could I code a "service" or background applications that each PC detects an update and install new versions if the user want it?, just like a regular windows application

And how could I send those updates?

I am using LabVIEW 2016

Thanks

Roberto Villarreal Montemayor
Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW Student Ambassador
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Message 1 of 3
(2,934 Views)

There are a few commercial toolkits that can do that (there is BLT and I think there is also something from wirebirdlabs, but I cannot find the link at the moment)

Of course you can roll your own. Just have a simple public web server running a web service that returns the newest version, have you application check it when it is started, and have the application download and install the newest version. Have a look at some of the ideas in this old thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author beto25j

If it's in one company you can make it even simpler, have a launcher that checks a network location, and if the .exe is newer, download it before starting.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,887 Views)