LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 9.0f2

Solved!
Go to solution

Installation of LabVIEW 9.0 from the Third Quarter 2009 software was successfull and I was able to run any version of LabVIEW from v7.1 to v8.6.1 and the new 9.0 version.  I installed Fourth Quarter 2009 software and the f2 software and now I can only run LabVIEW v9.0f2.

When I run other versions other than 9.0f2 I get an error message:

"LabVIEW 8.6.1 Development System has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

How can I be run my lower version software packages?  Has this been reported before? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,214 Views)
I dont heve this problem from third quarter 2009 CDs and I just opened the fourth quarter today, I will hold off on this if this error is confirmed. 
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,192 Views)

This is definitely not expected behavior, and it's the first time I've seen it reported.

Did your installation of 9.02f replace your previous installation of 9.0? 

I too would like to see confirmation on this before proceeding with my own upgrade. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,182 Views)

pallen wrote:

This is definitely not expected behavior, and it's the first time I've seen it reported.

Did your installation of 9.02f replace your previous installation of 9.0? 

I too would like to see confirmation on this before proceeding with my own upgrade. 

Me too.

Especially someone with a lot of version (7.0 and up) could comment.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,134 Views)

Hello all,

This is certainly not expected behavior, and not something that I have experienced.  I have several versions of LV installed with the f2 patch installed.  Rick, is it the same with all versions of LabVIEW that you have got installed, or just LV 8.6.1?  Do you have LV 2009 running while you try to run 8.6.1?  If you restart your computer and just open LV8.6 do you see the issue?  Also, have you tried doing a repair of the effected version?  Also, what operating system are you using?  32 bit I assume?

Please let me know the outcome of these troubleshooting steps.  And, rest assured, this is not expected behavior with the f2 patch or service pack updates.

Cheers, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,094 Views)

Answering "The Chancenator",

Is it the same with all versions of LabVIEW installed prior to 9.0?  - Yes all versions except 9.0f2.

Do you have LV 2009 running while you try to run another version?  - No one version at a time.

If you restart your computer and just open LV8.6.1, do you see the same issue?  - Yes still get the same error.

Also, have you tried doing a repair of the effected version?  - No; can I do a repair withput affecting the f2 patch?

What operating system are you using?  - Windows XP Professional,32 bit.

Cheers - Marti C.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,037 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TMC-RickP

NEW Information - RE: LabVIEW 9.0f2,

I found that my v6.0 to v7.0 work but, higher versions, v8.X and above do not.  I noticed that the date/time stamp on my v8.6.1 .exe was the same date/time as the v9.0f2.

Can someone tell me when v8.6.1 was released in 2009 and what Qtr?  I would like to try to fix v8.X from that quarters released 2009 software. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,018 Views)

Hi Rick,

The f2 patch was released in October of 2009, and 8.6.1 was released in March or 2009.  LV 2009 came out in August.

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
Message 8 of 12
(4,970 Views)
I have tried reinstall of 2009 software all quaters updates and I still cannot run any versions in the 8.0 to 8.6.1 range.  I do not know what else to try.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,771 Views)
I'd like for you try doing a repair on LabVIEW 8.6.1, or any of the other versions.  There is also an f3 patch available now.  Please let me know if the problem persists.
Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,721 Views)