LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.5 - State Chart Tool

I was excited to see one of the new features of LabVIEW 8.5 was a state chart tool. I have installed 8.5, and would someone please kindly point me to where this tool actually is? I can't find it anywhere in 8.5....

Thanks,

-- Jase
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,293 Views)

I beleive it will be an add-on once it is released.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 8
(3,288 Views)

The State Chart Module is an add-on for LabVIEW 8.5. It will sell for $1499 in the US. Follow this link to order or get pricing for other countries.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203804

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,262 Views)

Hi Jase -

The Statechart Module is an add-on that does need to be purchased separately. However, I would highly recommend that you go to the Statechart webpage to view details, use-cases, and allow you to try it online. It is probably my favorite new feature of 8.5! 🙂

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,210 Views)
However, it's not a new feature of LabVIEW 8.5. It is an add-on product.

It's probably good value for money, if you're into it. I do feel that NI is promoting it too much as being a part of LabVIEW. I think a lot of people will be disappointed when they find out it's not part of LabVIEW, and they need to pay (a good amount) of money for it.

All I'm saying is I understand Jase's confusion.

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,169 Views)
Will this be included in the developers kit for the automated test.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,159 Views)
Stephanie,

Thanks for the link to the stateflow demo. I tried it, but it was unbearably slow. I am on a pretty speedy comporate net connection, but it felt like I was back in 1995 with my 28k dial-up access!

I do think its quite nifty though, the way we get our own remote desktop.

Maybe tonight from home I will have more success.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,158 Views)
I too was very excited to see a new featured seemingly added to LabVIEW 8.5.  I am very dissapointed, however, in National Instruments wording in regards to all advertisement of this Statechart addon.  For instance on the page to get users to upgrade (http://www.ni.com/labview85/upgrade.htm) it is listed as a new feature of LabVIEW 8.5 which is completely false.  It is a new add-on module for LabVIEW 8.5 and calling it a feature is diseptive.  Following the link for Statechart (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nievn.ni?action=display_offerings_by_event&event_id=29804&event_subtype=WEB_EVENT_DEMAND&site=NIC&l=US) nothing in the description implies that it must be purchased seperatly from LabVIEW.

"LabVIEW 8.5 adds the ability to use statecharts in addition to many other development techniques for application and system development."

Is a completely false and diseptive statement.  For shame, National Instruments.  Be truthful to your users and don't mislead us like we're a bunch of idiots throwing money at you.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,056 Views)