cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.0.1 RTE Red Hat Linux

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to install the OpenG package manager 1.0, which requires the labview 8.0.1 RTE to install. I have a red hat / centos 5 system and labview 8.5. I have installed the labview 8.0.1 RTE according to http://digital.ni.com/Softlib.nsf/webPreview/7CE20CDA28E51AD08625711C006276B3?OpenDocument

Clicking on the vipm installer directley opens it up in labview 8.5 LLB manager, and I can't open any of the vi's in there. I think I need to open it with the 8.0.1 RTE. I see the only executable in the package is lvdark, which installs to /usr/local/lib/LabVIEW-8.0/ I presume this is what I need to use to run the vipm installer. However when I try to run this I get the error

/usr/local/lib/liblvrtdark.so.8.0: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
even when running as root.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,769 Views)

Hi,

I saw that there were no replies to you post, hopefully this will start some activity. I will also try and see what I can find out about this.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,721 Views)

Hello,

I have an idea...but not sure if it will work. Close LabVIEW 8.5, and then open LabVIEW 8.0.1. Then click the VIPM installer directly. What happens now?

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,704 Views)

You might want to check out How do I use VIPM to get OpenG libraries installed onto LabVIEW?

Also, There is a support forum for VIPM, here.
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,703 Views)

Hi Claire,

I'm one of the VIPM support engineers, so I'm following this thread...

Forgetting VIPM for a minute, here is the fundamental problem:

• An executable application for Linux was built in LabVIEW 8.0.1.
  • The user has the LabVIEW 8.0.1 run-time engine installed
  • The user has LabVIEW 8.5 development environment installed, too
  • When the user tries to run the build executable application, it opens in the LabVIEW 8.5 development environment (LLB manager, specifically)

Now, that executable application for Linux that was build in LabVIEW 8.0.1 just happens to be VIPM.  And, our documentation doesn't cover this issue, as it's likely a bug in the LabVIEW installers or in the user's OS configuration. 

Thanks,

-Jim Kring 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,699 Views)

Yes Jim, this is precisley the problem.

What I want to know is how can I force a program to open up using the labview 8.01 RTE?

My guess is that this is through the 'lvdark' executable (since it is the only executable in the RTE package), though I can't run this directley.

I have installed the labview 8.01 RTE in the reccomended way on what should be a supported os configuration.

--

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,682 Views)
I am sorry that I have been confused. Jim, thank you for clarifying the issue a bit. Unfortunately, I am still a bit confused....What program are you trying to "force  to open" using the LabVIEW 8.0.1 RTE?
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,679 Views)

Hi,

The program I am trying to run is the VIPM installer, 1.0 for linux. This installer program was written in labview 8.01. It is available here: http://jkisoft.com/vipm/1.0/download/

Thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,674 Views)
I will try and run this program and let you know how it goes.
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,666 Views)

Hey,

Just to update you. I downloaded and installed the VIPM...and everything seems to be working. (I think) Are you still having problems? Could you describe in more detail the steps to reproduce this problem.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,610 Views)