LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 6.1 crashes, cannot find reference to similar before

Labview crashes with drawmgr2.cpp on line 285, I cannot find a reference to this file elsewhere.

What could I do to avaoid it in future?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,058 Views)
there has been a few postings on this error. It seems as though your vi might be corrupt. Can you repeat this error over and over again. If so maybe report this to NI. This is an internal error to LV so you can find any files for it. Try rewriting your vi in a new vi window and then run it again. This will tell you if it is your code or LV. Hope this helps.
BJD1613

Lead Test Tools Development Engineer

Philips Respironics

Certified LV Architect / Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,057 Views)
I also get the drawmgr2.cpp error with LabView 6.1. Haven't noticed it in LabView 7.1, but my company still needs to support LabView 6.1, so I'm wondering if there is a s/w patch?

I get crashes all the time with my VI's when I have lots of VI's in memory, It seems the problem only occurs when I am in diagram mode, when I click on next cases statements, dragging icons, etc.. Always in the diagram mode. It happens quite frequently, but I haven't been able to find a way to find a methodical reproduce it. I'm attaching a snapshot of the error message.

I've searched devzone and found out this same problem occured with labview 6.0. Users were getting drawmgr.cpp error. Some of the repliers said to upgrade to 6.0.2. Also, These threads seem to indicate that it has to do with labview, being a highly graphical intensive app, not having a good enough video driver.

My computer specs are.
Dell GX110 667mhz
384MB RAM
Video Card Intel 82810E internal video card. (4MB)
- crazycliffy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,018 Views)
Unfortunately, there are no patches for LabVIEW 6.1. The good news is that this issue has been identified by R&D and has been fixed in LabVIEW versions 7 and greater. In the instance that NI engineers discovered this crash, it was related to using the Save for Previous feature. If the VIs that you are having trouble with happened to have been saved by using "Save for Previous", it might be worth deleting all constants, controls, and indicators and recreating them in the native version (6.1) to see if that resolves the problem. Another good suggestion would be to do a forced compile on your VIs (Ctrl+Shift+Run Arrow) as this sometimes fixes crash issues.

Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,940 Views)
I"m having this same problem with LV7.1, there is the code, same description as previous, it happens when trying to add a frame to
a sequence structure, always right click type events. 

drawmgr2.cpp(333)

Error file:

####
#Date: Mon, May 22, 2006 3:59:40 PM
#OSName: Windows NT
#OSVers: 5.1
#AppName: LabVIEW
#Version: 7.1
#AppKind: FDS

Thanks for any help, this has happened twice today and is quite annoying.

Jim

D:\lvmerc\src\source\manager\drawmgr2.cpp(333) : DAbort: bad image in ValidateImage
$Id: //labview/branches/Mercury/dev/source/manager/drawmgr2.cpp#3 $
0x0041648E - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00454E59 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00439126 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00435184 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004164D0 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0057D411 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0057A85E - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004B7F79 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004B7E3C - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004B7CF9 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004B520D - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x004B347E - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x77D48734 - USER32 <unknown> + 0
0x77D48816 - USER32 <unknown> + 0
0x77D4B4C0 - USER32 <unknown> + 0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,817 Views)

This particular error code is really a generic one, so it can be brought about by different causes. The error reported by xband is actually caused by a different bug than the one reported by the original user that started this post, so that explains why it has now popped up again in LabVIEW 7.1. I did do some investigation on our side, though, and it appears as though the bug causing this error in LabVIEW 7.1 has also been fixed in the following (and latest) release of LabVIEW (8.0). If you experience this error again in LabVIEW 8.0, then please follow the instructions for submitting the error log to NI, so that we can investigate the problem.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,800 Views)