From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 6.1 Stand alone data acquisition program

Just got the LabVIEW application builder (6.1). I've built my first stand alone applicaion and an installer, but it does not work. The program runs allright, but it comes up with an error message. I cannot select the VISA address from the pop down VISA menu, and i can not get remote communication with the instruments.

I know the original VI works on the same machine when i had an older version of labview installed on it, but uninstalling it and trying to run the same vi (now converted to a stand alone program), there is no communication with the equipment. Perhaps there is a dll or file i have to add. The instruments are connected via GPIB.

Can anyone please advice on what i have to do to get it working?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Did you install NI-VISA?

You either have to install that seperately or make sure you have added all of the required support files to your build.

It is generally easier jus to do the NI-VISA intall.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Yes i have installed NI-VISA. Like i said, the program was working on the same machine, when labVIEW was installed. All i did was uninstall labview and try to run the stand alone.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)
When you uninstalled LabVIEW, you may have removed some vital components, including VISA and NI-488.2. Try checking MAX for software you have installed, and to check the VISA resources.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,339 Views)