From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Release Notes

Hello,

I am trying to find the NI documentation on the new features in LabVIEW 2021.  I usually just look at the release notes but  I can't find the list of new features.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,866 Views)

Hi Dan,

@ASTDan wrote:

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

"Just the direction" is found here…

So there is a "Release Notes" website for LabVIEW2021. And it links to a "LabVIEW 2021 Readme", which points to the "LabVIEW manuals" for reading about "new features".

But when going the "manuals" links you end up with the website search and no LabVIEW 2021 manual (yet)!

It seems NI did manage to finish those documents until now. Or there was a problem to publish those documents (correctly) on their website…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,857 Views)

The closest I could find is the Upgrade LabVIEW page.  There is a list there.  Of course, the link on that page points to the LabVIEW 2020 Upgrade Notes document.  You could also find the NI Connect presentation on the subject.  But it actually looks like NI did not finish the documentation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,852 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

"Just the direction" is found here…

So there is a "Release Notes" website for LabVIEW2021. And it links to a "LabVIEW 2021 Readme", which points to the "LabVIEW manuals" for reading about "new features".

But when going the "manuals" links you end up with the website search and no LabVIEW 2021 manual (yet)!

It seems NI did manage to finish those documents until now. Or there was a problem to publish those documents (correctly) on their website…

That is what I found.  I thought I was missing something.  I can't believe the documentation is in the state. 

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,840 Views)

I submitted some feedback on the website.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,828 Views)

Why is it that every time a new version of LabVIEW comes out, all the links get broken and it's up to us to tell them?  Don't the web devs ever try out their own product?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,802 Views)

I found documentation about the new features in LabVIEW Help.

This is the only documentation I can find.  The links on ni.com as of 9/8/2021 don't go anywhere.  I submitted a website request to fix these  issues.  Hopefully these will be addressed soon.

ASTDan_0-1631133778216.png

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

Message 7 of 14
(2,703 Views)

In general the quality of information on NI's website and where to find it has declinded.

The 2021 LabVIEW release does add to this. Looking through some recent threads, you can find that toolkits and drivers are missing for LabVIEW 2021 (like NI-DMM, RT-Support of the myRIO, ...).

Just compare what's included in the 2021 Software platform bundle to the 2020 SP1 release:

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/377942e.html

NI Software Platform Bundle (SPB) Fall 2020 Readme - National Instruments

And they had three month more than planned for the Spring-release, it should have been in May not August.

@ NI : Very dissappointing..., please get better again.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,666 Views)

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from LV19 to LV21 and I'm looking for the "Upgrade Notes" PDF so I can see what's new.

The link on this page takes you to https://www.ni.com/r/upnote20 (the LV20 Upgrade Notes). And apparently https://www.ni.com/r/upnote21 doesn't go anywhere (yet?).

If anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,043 Views)