From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 TLS Question

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author adekruif

Well if you use PASV, you are opening a second TCP cient connection to the server. The TLS negotiation mentioned in the RFC is what the Start TLS node does, just as it is done in your primary command connection too. So add that node right after The TCP Open Connection.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 11 of 21
(1,971 Views)

I finally got it to work, after trying several different things. I ended up putting the start TLS in the open data connection.vi and it works now. Here is an example program for anyone else that may need this functionality.

FTPS_Example.png

Thank you so much for your help!

Download All
Message 12 of 21
(1,947 Views)
Hello,

I am trying to test your solution but you need to attach these 2 vi.

AuthTLS.vi
FTPS-PBSZ.vi

Thanks for your help,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,845 Views)

Those files are in the FTPS#.llb that I attached. Are you not able to get to the files from the llb?

Here are the two files as well if you can't get them from the library.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,837 Views)

Hello,

those vi are not in the libraries that you put.

ivancardona18_0-1599694208554.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,833 Views)

The "FTPS Open Session" has AuthTLS as a SubVI.

"FTPS Security" has the PBSZ as a SubVI.

When I download the llb's from my earlier post, the two SubVI's are present in the VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,826 Views)

Hello,

the main vi FTPS Open Session and FTPS Security are inside the library but the sub vi AuthTLS and PBSZ are not, so when I open it from my PC it does not find them.

ivancardona18_0-1599694955762.png

ivancardona18_1-1599695109175.png

It is possible that these 2 sub vi are not in the dll but they are in your computer

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,822 Views)

Hello Sir,

I have the same problem but I'm using LabView 2016. Our IT changed some setting and made their server side to TLS so my default working program with FTP vi's does not work anymore. May I ask if which version of Labview has the FTP palette with the TLS option? 

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,584 Views)

@NestorE wrote:

Hello Sir,

I have the same problem but I'm using LabView 2016. Our IT changed some setting and made their server side to TLS so my default working program with FTP vi's does not work anymore. May I ask if which version of Labview has the FTP palette with the TLS option? 

thanks in advance.

None! But LabVIEW 2020 supports TLS for the TCP/IP functions. You'll have to hack your own version of the FTP functions based on the discussion in this thread, using this feature. But you need to upgrade to LabVIEW 2020 for that.

Or buy the Encryption Compendium Toolkit here: https://lvs-tools.co.uk/software/encryption-compendium-labview-library/. It supports LabVIEW 2012 and higher.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,575 Views)

I also cannot find these two VIs:

AuthTLS.vi
FTPS-PBSZ.vi

adekruif, I see that you tried to include snippets of them, but when I download them and drop them into the block diagram, the AuthTLS png just tries to load the AuthTLS.vi from <vilib>:\FTPAuthTLS.vi, which of course doesn't work because I don't have the VI in my <vilib>.

Would it be possible to drop the actual VI files into the forum? Much obliged! (and also for figuring out how to do this in the first place!)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,478 Views)