LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 Malleable VIs Shipping Examples - Lesson 2b Nested VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

There is a difference in the code that I missed before.  See the attached file with the screen shots.

In LabVIEW 2018 Example Code the top level Search Unsorted 1D Array.vim has in TSS Case 1 the normal Search 1D Array function, but the start index and element are UNWIRED - thus this case would be broken.

In LabVIEW 2019 Example Code the top level Search Unsorted 1D Array.vim has in TSS case 1 the normal Search 1D Array function, but the start index and element are WIRED - thus this case is not broken.  The Assert Structural Type Match function is only configured to look at the Functor input - and thus with it unwired this case is selected.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,450 Views)

Perhaps I'm misreading but it looks like you're saying that in the 2018 version, there are some missing wires that preclude the use of case 1, and so case 2 is correctly selected.

In 2019, those necessary wires are present and so case 1 is successfully chosen, which isn't the desired operation at all...

Maybe the cases should be in a different order (i.e. switching 1&2?). I haven't checked this with an installation and am writing only based on the pdf and post, which as I said I may have misunderstood.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,448 Views)

That is correct, I included screen shots of the 2018 and 2019 VI at the bottom of the PDF and you can clearly see the wires missing and intact.

Yes, perhaps swapping the order would work, as the malleable VI does stop at the first viable case.

It would be nice if AristosQueue could take a look at the Source Code in the examples folder in 2018/2019 and make a comment.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,438 Views)

Rearranging the TSS cases to put the "built-in LabVIEW function" search last in the 0, 1, 2 list worked to restore functionality.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RVallieu

It's a bug in how the malleable instance is analyzing itself. Here's a fixed VI that works around the bug.

The bug is the same wired connected to two inputs of the same subVI... the wires aren't being branched correctly.

Save the attached VI as

LabVIEW 2019\vi.lib\Array\Search Unsorted 1D Array.vim

and the problem is fixed. The only addition is the sequence structure.

I'll get this fixed for LV 2020 (the shipping VIs at least... hopefully the root issue as well).

Message 15 of 17
(1,379 Views)

Same fix needed for

vi.lib\Array\Sort 1D Array.vim

The others use a different wiring pattern so they're ok.

Message 16 of 17
(1,362 Views)

Thanks for the corrected VIs.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,343 Views)