LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 SP1 - LabVIEW Pro installed (and activated) but treating users like LabVIEW Full.

Solved!
Go to solution

Recall that LabVIEW 2017 was the first appearance of NIPM and the new "improved" (ha!) License Manager.  I had numerous problems, but after one really clean install (I'd deleted everything from NI, short of the registry), I finally logged a Support Request and had an AE help me with the "manual install" (they give you some Magic Numbers and those sometimes work).

Bob Schor

Message 11 of 13
(354 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Recall that LabVIEW 2017 was the first appearance of NIPM and the new "improved" (ha!) License Manager.  I had numerous problems, but after one really clean install (I'd deleted everything from NI, short of the registry), I finally logged a Support Request and had an AE help me with the "manual install" (they give you some Magic Numbers and those sometimes work).

Bob Schor

NOOOooo!

I'm not listening! LALALALALA!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Bob Schor

So yes, I stripped my computer bare of everything NI-related (but, like you, left the registry intact).  Since my installation environment was simple - LV 2015 SP1 only - I proceeded with an install.  It worked!  So far.  Still installing device drivers, but it shouldn't be a high risk activity.  Hopefully this is my last post to this topic.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(327 Views)