From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 Slow When Using a Project

I have noticed that LabVIEW 2013 is pathetically slow when doing standard development from an open project.  Compiling, dropping VI's, etc., take seconds.   I never noticed it with previous versions of LabVIEW, and there doesn't appear to be a problem when I develop the same VI with the project closed.  I have seen some complaints about it, but not a lot.  I am using a new Laptop:  Windows 7 64-bit, 8-GB RAM, lots of spare disk space.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,487 Views)

That's not normal. Does the project contain any remote or inaccessible resources or similar?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,452 Views)

It happens with multiple projects.  I think everything is available.  Everything compiles fine and I can build installers and applications.  It is just the basic editing that is slow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,435 Views)

A problem with an antivirus application?

Try reinstalling LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,420 Views)

Why only when using a project?  I will check it on a desktop PC and see if I get the same thing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,409 Views)

You could try to mass compile your project to LabVIEW 2013 to force all VIs to upgrade:

Mass Compiling VIs

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,381 Views)