LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 f1 Icon Editor Error

It sounds like something went wrong with the XML file import.  Since you can now get to the new icon editor, try syncing to the NI icon library from the tools menu.  This should refresh your index properly and allow you to see the glyphs.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(731 Views)

When I click the sync menu item, it instantly says it cannot connect.  Any other link to an NI website works just fine, when opening within labview (LabVIEW Add-ons, find examples online, etc).

I found the vi that goes out and gets the files for the icon editor, and it is giving me an error 66.

Error 66 occurred at TCP Read in ResolveURLbyUsingInfoCode.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The network connection was closed by the peer. If you are using the Open VI Reference function on a remote VI Server connection, verify that the machine is allowed access by selecting Tools>>Options>>VI Server on the server side.

On my side, I have windows firewall disabled.  If I copy the URL (http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/ex98bv) into my web browser, it does download the zip file, but it seems something is happening when LabVIEW tries to access it via TCP.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(729 Views)

The connection issue is CAR 368087, a newly reported issue, if you want to track it.  I have found that trying again later sometimes helps, although it seems to be highly consistent when it happens.

Yet another alternate plan B.  Try downloading the icons from the file you listed and the XML file from http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exvefe.  Then manually import these.  Getting them in this way should ensure they are matched (they have been edited recently).

Alternate plan C - delete (or move) the binary files in the Glyphs directory.  Try to run the icon editor.  If this fails, move the entire directory and recreate it using the glyph library you downloaded.  Do not import in the icon editor, just copy to the directory.  Then try to open the icon directory.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(721 Views)

Ok, thanks on the CAR info.

It seems that the delteing, redownloading, and then importing manually has worked.  I can now see all the glyphs and add them to an Icon.

Thanks.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(717 Views)