From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 and MATLAB DataPlugin

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I'm trying to use the Matlab data plugin (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4178) with LabVIEW 2012. I've installed the plugin and the installer says that the installation was successfull. However, the plugin does not show up in the plugins list in LabVIEW. I restarted the system but that didn't help.

Are the data plugins incompatible with LabVIEW 2012? I also tried to add the plugin using the vi from the data plugin manage palette. Although the vi does not return an error, the plugin is still not available. Downgrading to 2010 is not an option for me, because I need some of the new features.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cx05

MATLAB only supports 32-bit LabVIEW.

Message 2 of 5
(2,499 Views)

MATLAB DataPlugin only supports 32-bit LabVIEW, it doesn’t support 64-bit LabVIEW,so the plugin will not show up in the plugins list on LV 64.

Message 3 of 5
(2,486 Views)

That seems to be the reason. I'm indeed using the 64 bit version. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,477 Views)

Reading and writing files certainly isn't restricted to 32-bit LabVIEW.  Can't NI compile the DataPlugin for x64?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,439 Views)