From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2011 Serial Number Missing

@_Bryan wrote:

NIPM only shows 2019 SP1.

MAX shows 2011 and 2019.

So remove 2019, then delete NI folders in the program files and program files (x86) folders since the uninstall programs are now gone for 2011?

Largely correct.  Here are some folders I recommend deleting (to get you a "clean install").  Note that some are in Hidden Folders (such as Program Data), so be sure you can see/search there:

• If you installed VI Package Manager, remove folders "JKI" (I have 5 of them).
  • Remove C:\Program Files\National Instruments, C:\Program Files (x86) National Instruments, and C:\Program Data\National Instruments.
  • Remove "IVI Foundations" (found in the same folders as "National Instruments", previous Bullet).  This has VISA stuff.

When you remove the above, you'll remove the MAX Databases that had links to MAX drivers that might still exists on your disk (but since they live in a "National Instruments" folder, you are "uninstalling" them when you delete the NI folder.

This should work, and should be safe.  I walked a colleague through this about three weeks ago (he'd tried to do a "Force Install" using the 😧 drive since he was "low on disk space" -- it did not go well, but when we removed, freed some space on C:, and reinstalled, it worked fine).

Bob Schor

Message 11 of 12
(279 Views)

You held my hand through a mass uninstall on my way to installing LV 2020 CE, and I super-appreciated that!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(270 Views)