LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 unstable on Windows 7

Hi metzler,

You mentioned that you are working with a network.  Is there any chance that you are missing your maps drive?  This could explain why LabVIEW is looking for a disk.  Another thing that might have gotten corrupt is the ini file.  You can try several things to check this.  When you open LabVIEW, if you double click your VI then your ini file shouldn't be a problem.  The other thing you can do is going into the program file and rename the current ini file and then a new one will be created.  One the machine you are using, do you know of any time lately that there has been a hard poweroff?  This could possibly corrupt something as well.

Are you still having the issue with the MAX database being corrup?  If so, I have something I would like to try with you.  If you could get me your contact info I can work with you to attempt to fix that issue.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 42
(2,866 Views)

Is there any chance that you are missing your maps drive?

The computer will save to the network drive, but once a week shows the insert disk error.  I assume that since it does save (and load) the vi from the network drive, it is mapped correctly.

The VI does start correctly when I double-click the project file shortcut, without LV already open.

On the machine you are using, do you know of any time lately that there has been a hard poweroff?

There had been a lockup of the computer a couple of days before LV crashed - I had force the computer to shutdown and restart at that time.

Last Thursday I installed the latest version of DAQmx, and MAX would not work at all.  Monday (two days ago), when I started the computer, everything works fine, although max is slow at detecting my hardware.

Would there be a problem with using a Win 7 64 bit computer with LV 32 bit?

Presently, I have been able to prevent the problems from interrupting our production schedule, but management is starting to notice there are problems with the computer, so I need to get this solved.  How can I get you my contact information?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 42
(2,847 Views)

I was not able to receive the file you sent because of the .exe file extension - it was blocked by the server and then by outlook once the server released it.  I don't know how to prevent outlook from blocking the file.

Please change the file extension to .txt and try sending it to me again.

Thank you.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 42
(2,819 Views)

Should be sent.  Let me know if you are still having issues with it.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 42
(2,809 Views)

I have been having the same issue with LabVIEW 2010 (64 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit). LabVIEW seems to run after I click through all of the "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3" errors. It appears that the button I click on: Cancel / Try Again / Continue doesn't seem to matter, eventually LabVIEW starts up. I am eager to try any possible solutions, as the computer is required to run VI's uninterrupted for months at a time. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 42
(2,798 Views)

I interrupted production to test the program you sent me, and it does not seem to make a difference. 

This is what I see when I boot up the computer (I have timed the steps):

After the MAX splash screen shows, it takes 55 seconds to get to the next screen.

I then try to expand the Devices and Interfaces item, and it searches for 2 minutes and 20 seconds before expanding the item and showing my hardware, but only 3 of the 7 hardware devices show active. 

It then takes 60 seconds for the fourth device to show active. 

58 seconds for the fifth and sixth devices to show active. 

58 seconds for the seventh device to show active.

Are the passports that are checked in VISA options causing a delay?  Are there certain passports I should have checked - the only hardware I have connected is a usb compact DAQ.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 42
(2,750 Views)

For those experiencing the "There is no disk in the drive" error, I have found a resource indicating that this can be caused if you are loading or writing LabVIEW files to a network drive and either the drive or a recently saved file is moved. Please reference the KB HERE.

Thanks 

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
Message 37 of 42
(2,719 Views)

I don't think this is my problem, because it happens when I save the VI to the network drive, and not when LabView starts up.  I wonder if the network traffic may be causing the problem.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 42
(2,711 Views)

I just saw this thread.. 

I recently had similar crashing issues with LV2010 on Win-XP.  Installed SP1 and it seems to be better.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 42
(2,699 Views)

This solved my problem. Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 42
(2,671 Views)