From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 executable crash in Windows 7

Hello,

My LabVIEW application (executable) is crashing frequently in windows 7 32bit PC. My development environment is LabVIEW 2010 SP1 (32bit) with windows 7 64bit. The application is running in windows 7 32 bit PC. I have built the application in windows 7 32bit PC and the issue still persists.

In my application, the following operations are done continously

• Read the bunch of points from DAQ card once every 100ms
  • Read status value from a serial instrument once every 100ms

The frequency of crash is not repeatable. Sometime the app crashes with in minutes it is launched some times after hours. Before it crashes, it will not responding state and the screen will be closed suddenly. I am trying to eliminate the hardware elements one by one and see if the crash occurs.

Since the crash occurs frequently at the customer place, my customer is not able to complete the testing required. Any help or insight into the issues will be useful for me. Please refer the attached image for the software/drivers installed in the PC.

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks,

A Senthilnathan

P.S I have refered the other thread on LV2010 unstable. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2010-unstable-on-Windows-7/m-p/1247366?requireLogin=False

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,857 Views)

Hello,

I recalled a fairly recent discussion in a group hosted in the LabVIEW Architects Forum in NI Community where I posted some general debugging/logging suggestions for someone else who was fighting through an unstable application.

Here's that post: http://decibel.ni.com/content/message/23292#23292

Perhaps it'll help you narrow down where the problem is - understandably such problems can be a bit painful.

Hope this helps!

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,842 Views)

Thanks JLS for your pointers.

The application crashed when I launched it in the morning. Please refer the attached image. Here is the issue details

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: TEST.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.2.0
  Application Timestamp: 4d2fa0d5
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,821 Views)

Sure thing on the pointers - hope they help!  I'm afraid the additional details you posted aren't ringing any new bells for me.  Perhaps someone else will be able to discern a bit more.

But if you have the time and need, you may start looking at dropping in some logging code.  If you go that route, here are a couple additional suggestions:

• create a VI which does a simple string log for you.  maybe create it as a functional global and provide yourself an option to set the file path to write (so you can do that early in the initialization portion of your app), and then just call the log operation for it anywhere you like.

• probably nice if the logging VI writes a timestamp for each log line, in addition to some data/message you feel would be useful.  

• it's also nice to throw a timestamp prefix onto the log file name so it doesn't squash the old version even when you don't update the name/path explicitly.

• drop that VI in several places, perhaps focusing on places based on the suggesions I made in the that linked discussion (linked in my previous post here)

• run the code and get it to crash... each time checkout the log file, and see if you can find a trend!
Best of luck, and keep us in the loop on how you're doing.  Perhaps some new information you get from debugging will spawn some new ideas from the community here.

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,817 Views)

hi everyone, i have labview 2010 installed at my laptop, which was working fine early, suddenly my laptop was infected by some virus readme.eml

which corrupted almost 90% of my laptop's .exe files.. then my antivirus avira remove it from my laptop, but also deleted labview.exe and uninst.exe,
now the problem is that i cant reinstall nor uninstall labview.. can any one help??
mail me at samkazmi@hotmail.com, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,759 Views)

Why can't you reinstall LabVIEW?  That, I am afraid, is goint to be your only choice since the .exe was corrupted.

PS.  Putting your e-mail address in a public forum it pretty much an open invitation to get spammed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,748 Views)