LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 Crash when save for previous

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having a problem when trying to save a VI in LabVIEW 2009 to a previous version of LabVIEW, in this case 8.2, but itseems to crash no matter what version I choose.  I've narrowed the problem down to this:

If the vi contains an event structure I get the following error: Fatal Internal Error: "MemoryManager.cpp", line 547

If I remove the event structure it saves fine.  I'll even get the error if I create a blank vi, and drop an empty event structure on the diagram.  No controls, no other code.

Is this a known problem?  Is this a problem with my copy of LV?  Is there a workaround?  Removing the event structure in this application is not an option.

Thanks

Rob

Message Edited by rgough on 09-30-2009 03:58 PM
Message 1 of 16
(4,260 Views)

I have seen crashes with save to previous in LV 2009 but had not identified the event structure as a factor.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,256 Views)
Got an email from NI... Looks like this might be a known bug.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,231 Views)

If you have a CAR# please post it so we can add this to the Bug List Thread for this month.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,218 Views)
I think this would be the CAR#: 183005
Message 5 of 16
(4,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rgough

So the workaround is to save to LV 8.6, then open in 8.6 and from there save to earlier versions.  It works, I must not have tried to save to 8.6 originally.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,204 Views)

And if you don't have LV 8.6?  What's the solution then?

If I had 8.6 then I wouldn't be trying to save it into 8.2. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,127 Views)
I'm afraid you may be out of luck, luckily for me someone in my office happened to have 8.6 installed on their machine.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,115 Views)
Hi I have the same problem I want to save my VI from 9.0 to 8.5 even i dont have 8.6 so did you find any solution for that if yes can you please share it with me........
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,043 Views)

Hi sk_LabVIEW,

Currently there is no workaround, but fixes are being worked on. Sorry.

Flash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 10 of 16
(4,023 Views)