From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab view questions/issues

Hello,

My name is Deepak Roy. I am writing this email as I had some questions, regarding Labview. I have attached the labview snippets as well. The issues that are happening with the two programs are for the first one...

1) For the Numeric controls, when I am turning the knob it seems like I am unable to obtain the desired value, I am unsure what is going on there?

For the second one...

2) For the boolean, when I am pushing the button, I am not getting the LED to turn on, and I am not getting the '0' or '1' value either? 

Attached is the document, if someone can please help me out, that would be great. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Deepak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,115 Views)

Please attach your actual VI(s).  There are many here who will not download and open Word documents due to possible viruses hiding in macros.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,112 Views)

Attached are the VI files, let me know if you still have any further questions

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,079 Views)

What is the desired value you expect?  Are you not running the VI?  Perhaps you need the code to be in a loop and possibly with an Event Structure that performs an event when the knob's or button's value is changed.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,051 Views)

Hello,

For the numeric control, what I am trying to do is as I am running the program, when turning the knob, I am wanting the values to generate accordingly. And for the Boolean, I cannot get the led to turn on in accordance with the push button. As far as a loop, can you please explain to me how that would help? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 

Deepak

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,020 Views)

Ok, you obviously need to take some basic training.  As shown at the top of the LabVIEW forum board:

Looking for help getting started with LabVIEW? Check out some of the available training resources.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,016 Views)

I understand, I am watching a tutorial, I am trying to figure out if I am missing anything?, because after watching some tutorial videos from another source, this is what the final results are. Also I am looking at the websites, are there any free LabVIEW courses by any chance?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(980 Views)

@DROY96 wrote:

this is what the final results are.

What exactly you mean by that statement?

For tutorials, Crossrulz already gave you a bunch of links.

Here are some links I have

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

How to Learn LV

I don't know if they are the same or different from Crossrulz's links.

As for the VI's, you attached, I'm going to apologize for being frank, but they are garbage.  A control wired to an indicator, and a bunch of other controls and indicators sitting there not wired to anything.  The controls and indicators aren't connected to the connector panel, so the VI's aren't subVI's being called by another VI.  There is no loop, so that VI will just run once sending a value from one control to one indicator.

Throw away those VI's.  Start any video tutorials from the beginning, and remember to hit the play button on those videos this time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(974 Views)