LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDiff with VIs in library

Hi, 

I've successfully setup both LVDiff and LVMerge with TortoiseSVN and I'm using it heavily, but I get an error from LVDiff if the VI belongs to a library:

Error 1004 occurred at Open VI Reference in NI_procmphier.lvlib:CMP compare two VIs.vi->lvdiff.vi

Possible reason(s):  LabVIEW:  The VI is not in memory.

To load a VI into memory with the Open VI Reference function, a path must be wired for the VI Path input.
VI Name: TMCalc_Qp.vi

Has anyone changed LVdiff so that it works with VIs in library?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,527 Views)

I just had the same problem, strange that no one has seen it before...

The correction is committed in the project's repository since 2 years, but the download archive contains an older version.

You can download the right version from this link. Just replace the vi in the lvdiff directory!

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,501 Views)

Ok, now it works excellent!

Thank you VERY much.

/LeifS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,485 Views)

Hi, all.

Sounds like I need to get busy and release a new zipfile download.  Thanks for the reminder!

--Ian Dees

LVDiff maintainer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,467 Views)

Well, I'm glad I found this thread.  I downloaded the zip file last week and faced the same problem.  The new VI works....

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,421 Views)

I got an issue with lvdiff.

The lvdiff.ini file is missing in the archive !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,964 Views)

Hello, Callahan.

The lvdiff.ini file gets created by lvdiff.exe so that lvdiff.vi knows what files to compare; we don't include it in the archive.

--Ian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,943 Views)

I agree, normally the ini file is creatd by the run-time if it does'nt exist.

But not in this case, I don't understand why and how to solve my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,938 Views)

Hi, Callahan.

Does the problem persist if you install LVDiff to a different directory?  LVDiff was written in the days before the Program Files directory was protected, and (against good practice, I must admit) stores its .ini file alongside the .exe.  What it should do is at least use the application settings directory.  But installing to C:\LVDiff or somewhere similar may get around that restriction.

--Ian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,935 Views)

Hi,

I have set all autorisations on the meta-diff forlder, but maybe it's not enough.

I put it into c/program files.

I use Windows 7.

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,932 Views)