From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2012 startup error list

When I start LabVIEW 2012, the error list window pops up shortly and then disappears. Any guesses as why?

LV2012-err.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,146 Views)

@BB_Herman wrote:

When I start LabVIEW 2012, the error list window pops up shortly and then disappears. Any guesses as why?

LV2012-err.jpg

It would be helpful to post the picture at a resolution we could read.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,137 Views)

It's the default message when no errors exist:

"Choose a VI from the list of names to see its errors. Click any error in the list to display more details about it here. Double-click any front panel or block diagram error, or click the Show Error button, to highlight the object causing the error."

There are no errors to display.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,118 Views)

Ahhh, I know exactly what window it is now.  It's the one that, if you click on the broken arrow, shows you everything that's wrong.  When there are no errors, it says so.  it's weird that it would be popping up at startup, not reporting any errors.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,106 Views)

It is wierd.  Why does it happen and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,093 Views)

Hello,

So evidently this strange behavior can sometimes be caused by an incorrectly activated/expired Internet Toolkit package.

Are you using this package? If so, try verifying that it is currently activated.

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,083 Views)

The only toolkits I have installed are the Database Connectivity and the Report Generation.  The License Manager is reporting no deficiencies for these toolkits.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,077 Views)

Hi, 

This is odd behavior for sure, and I suspect that this is a bug somewhere in your LabVIEW environment configuration. The only instance I've been able to locate with this error is caused by inactive toolkits.  Do you have any toolkits installed which are not currently activated/have expired activation?  I'll do a little more digging on this issue tomorrow and may end up passing this issue on to our R&D engineers.

Thanks for giving us a heads up regarding this behavior!

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,055 Views)