LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2010 - Error 74 Application Builder

Hello Joachim082,

nevertheless I have found some similar cases, please note there are different "errors 74", in this case it has especially to do with "invoke nodes" and "Method Name: Linker:Write Info To File"

That is what I have found so far from another customer:

From lavag.org I found a link to this article:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/935BA7FB426305398625711E0055F1FA?OpenDocument

I was using this invoke node below to get the version number of a Labview .exe,
and I learned this invoke is actually a .NET System method.
It would work in the LV development environment or in a simple application but not
in my large application.
[IMAGE]
So I tried the suggestion in the article above and used the FileVersionInfo.vi from
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\Platform\fileVersionInfo.llb
[IMAGE]
and this allowed my large to build correctly.
Maybe the fact that it was actually calling a .NET System method partially explains why
I got no useful error message when the app builder failed, although it worked fine in LV 2009 &

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,086 Views)

in my case I can make a build with only a dsc call (e.g. create database) and use a .NET call (notifyicon) only but with a combination of both I get the error 74.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,083 Views)

With my customer, the KB did help, just removed the FileVersionInfo.vi:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/935BA7FB426305398625711E0055F1FA?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(999 Views)

Hi,

I also get the same error 74 with "Method Name: Linker:Write Info To File". Ive just migrated from LV2009 to LV2010 on Win7.

I was able to locate what created (not caused) the error by using disable structures. It came down to using mean made it fail but disabling made the build go ok.

Making a simple build with just the mean function works, so that cant be it either. Can it be related to lvanlys.dll?

Best Regards,

Øyvind

CLAD
32 bit LV2015
64 bit Windows10
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(955 Views)

hi,

there is a bug in lv2010 with the .net assemblies - you have to create the constructor from scratch in a new project and relink it to your project. then it will work.

hth.

--

Joachim

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(947 Views)

Thanks for quick response!

What do you mean by "create constructor from scratch"?

I have created a new project and added all my VIs to it. Then I created a new Application (exe) but I still get the error.

Best Regards,

Øyvind

CLAD
32 bit LV2015
64 bit Windows10
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(941 Views)

do you have dependencies to .net calls?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(935 Views)

Ive stopped using invoke nodes for getting file versions, but I might have some .net dependencies somewhere...Its a rather large project.

How do I locate .net dependencies?

Best Regards,

Øyvind

CLAD
32 bit LV2015
64 bit Windows10
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(929 Views)

look in the dependency list of your project explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(927 Views)

It doesnt say if it is .net in the dependencies, only if its a .vi, class, or lib.

Is the Call library function a library a .net call? I have now found 2 different places where there are calls to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\resource\lvanlys.*

where the build works if I disable the VI containing this call.

Best Regards,

Øyvind

CLAD
32 bit LV2015
64 bit Windows10
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(918 Views)