LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV software Licensing / Activation

My job involves developing LV code for machine automation. 

Mostly I work on not more than two projects at a time so the current Activation of the license upto 3 PCs max, works fine.

I need the design environment for on the machine trials and changes to the build as otherwise I have to build on my laptop and transfer to the machine.

Recently there was a case where I needed more than three and one of the machines was not reachable immediately. So I am building on laptop and transferring to the machine.

I searched and got this article : https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7WFSA0&l=en-IN 

My query is : They talk of Deactivation. But how will NI know unless it is reflected in their data base … for this we need an internet connection while deactivating ? If not when we try to activate the NI server may complain of too many installations ? 

I am not very clear about this whole process of activation. ( In contrast some other software I have mandate to be connected to the net while deactivating and they also clamp a max number of  : " moves" within one year. ) 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,045 Views)

You should be able to call up NI and take care of that manually.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,027 Views)

Isn't developing code on one machine and running application on two other machines a violation of the license? Yes, you can install LabVIEW on three machines but I believe that the license stipulates that they cannot be used concurrently.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,985 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

Isn't developing code on one machine and running application on two other machines a violation of the license? Yes, you can install LabVIEW on three machines but I believe that the license stipulates that they cannot be used concurrently.

I am aware of that. My license is a Username license and I am the only one developing code using it.  So when I am developing code on my laptop, the one that runs on the machine is a standalone EXE.  Actually in my case the " Use on one machine only at a time " stipulation is difficult to break !! 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,980 Views)