From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV executable gets renamed with the word conflict

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

When I build an executable from my LV(2015) project, all goes fine. The build preview looks like I would expect.  The target file first gets the name I have chosen for it.  It then immediately gets renamed with part of the path and the word "conflict"
 in the new file name.  The resultant executable runs fine on the original and other PCs.  This is not the first build I have ever done.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,753 Views)

Is your target destination monitored by a tool such as Google drive, OneDrive, or similar?

A builder typically makes a temporary gigantic mess and these file monitoring tools can be thrown off track or even crash as a result.

The renaming is most likely done by something external to LabVIEW. Make sure you are building to a local plain folder. 

Message 2 of 6
(2,740 Views)

You are correct.  When I build to a folder on my hard drive it's fine.  The original destination was a network folder handled by Synology.  Interestingly, when I copy the local one over to the network location, no renaming occurs.

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,719 Views)
Solution
Accepted by N2STC

@N2STC wrote:

You are correct.  When I build to a folder on my hard drive it's fine.  The original destination was a network folder handled by Synology.  Interestingly, when I copy the local one over to the network location, no renaming occurs.

Yes, as simple copy is a clean operation.

If you open the local folder while the build happens, you'll notice lots of "odd activity" (files/folders appearing/disappearing, etc.). In the long run LabVIEW should maybe change the way things are built. For example, all the temporary work could be done in the local TMP folder, followed by a move of the complete build to the final destination. Not sure what that change would involve.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,706 Views)

Yes I saw that.  The rename probably happens during build, but the file explorer doesn't update until it is over.  Thanks again.  Marking "Solved"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,701 Views)

I stopped building to a synced folder years ago because of exactly these issue. I am not sure if things have improved, but I doubt it. 😉

Proposing a solution, I just wrote up this idea. Please vote for it! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,688 Views)