From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Program with Windows Rights

Solved!
Go to solution

ok so i have this issue,

where a program i made will run on a windows network admin accout (ENG) but I also have another admin account (PCK) on the network with the same rights on the same pc. the LV file is the same for both network users however when i run the Program on the ENG account it works perfect, but when i run the same program on the PCK account it gives me a "File not found error" that i will post once i am able (They read in machine setup from identical .ini files located on the C:\ Drive) 

so -rights are the same, mapped drives are the same, setup files and depenencies are the same, Programs are the same. and at one point both these accounts worked with this same program. Any ideas what changed or may have caused this and how to fix it?

no network changes have taken place either

thank you, Da-Coder

(2,303 Views)

Are you running an executable (.exe) or in the Development System (i.e. running VIs from within LabVIEW)?  If an executable, are there any "external" files loaded as part of the build?  Do the files "live" in Public space (such as the Public folders) or somewhere owned by one of your accounts?  Have you checked the permissions of the executable to make sure both accounts have equivalent permissions?

BS

Message 2 of 3
(2,288 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Da-Coder

Just solved the issue, after resetting all rights for both networked users and a bunch of other things it turns out that some how the floor added a "2" to part of the shortcut in windows.

but thanks you for the good advice i did check those.

Thanks, Da-coder

(2,276 Views)