LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Class Custom Help

I've created a custom help file (.chm) for a LabVIEW class.  In the class properties -> Documentation -> Help Path, I specified the path to that file.  That should cause the "Detailed help" link for an instance of the class to go to my custom help.  But it doesn't, it just goes to the built-in help for "Classes and Objects" (I also tried an .html file; same result).  What's the trick to getting instances of a class to link to custom help?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,415 Views)

Hi Paul

I just tried pointing to a HTML file in the "Help Path" for one of my classes, and it worked.  I am using LabVIEW 2020 SP1.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,345 Views)

@pauldavey wrote:

Hi Paul

I just tried pointing to a HTML file in the "Help Path" for one of my classes, and it worked.  I am using LabVIEW 2020 SP1.

Paul

You're right.  I just tried it with LV2020 and both HTML and CHM files work.  But for the project I'm working on, I have to use LV2019.  I tried copying the 2020 labview.ini over to LV2019 to check if there was some setting that was causing trouble, but that didn't help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,320 Views)

This probably won't work, but can you backsave the offending class in 2020 and see if it works in 2019? Also, have you checked the .lvclass file itself (in a text editor) for anything weird between 2019 and 2020, assuming you recompiled/saved? Just spitballing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,303 Views)

It also doesn't work with LV2021.  I suspect a setting somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,254 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

It also doesn't work with LV2021. 

Was that created from scratch in LabVIEW 2021, or created in 2019 but opened in 2021?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,244 Views)

@pauldavey wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

It also doesn't work with LV2021. 

Was that created from scratch in LabVIEW 2021, or created in 2019 but opened in 2021?

Either way, the effect is the same.   However I just tried is again with LV2021 and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,229 Views)